The Historical Scene Investigation (H.S.I.) Challenge is an annual contest organised by the National Library Board, which promises an exciting experience for students to put their historical inquiry and research skills to the test. This year’s contest shall focus on Singapore’s road to independence between 1945 and 1965, in which the students will chronicle the lives of Singaporeans during that time, and state the events that had a profound impact on the population.
- The competition is open to all lower secondary students
- Each school can send a maximum of 2 teams comprising 4 members each
- For the top 10 finalist teams, only the higher scoring team from each school can qualify
Register by 21 July 2023 via this LINK.
Teams will create a 3-minute video to present their investigation findings along with a written submission.
- An online briefing will be held on 28 July 2023, 3.30pm
- Submission deadline is 22 September 2023, 12.00pm
- An award ceremony date will be confirmed in October
- Further details will be included in the task briefing deck which will be sent to registered schools in late July
The top 3 teams will be awarded the H.S.I. Challenge trophy, the MOE Young Historian Award and book vouchers. All participants will receive digital certificates of award (Bronze, Silver, Gold) based on their scores.
Download the Task Brief.