S.U.R.E. for Work helps adults pick up trusted techniques to sieve out reliable sources of information at work,
using handy tips and fact-checking tools to identify fake news. We work with organisations to equip our workforce with information literacy skills through presentations and workshops in English and Mandarin, as well as learning journeys.
“COMBATING FAKE NEWS” TALK
Combating Fake News
Duration: 1 hour
Synopsis: By the end of this workshop, participants will learn about the:
• Reasons for the rise of Fake News and Online Falsehoods
• Impact of Fake News and Online Falsehoods
• Examples of fact-checking websites
• Ways to evaluate websites and online information
• What you can do to combat Fake News
Note: This is an interactive workshop with hands-on activities, quizzes, and group discussions. Participants are encouraged to bring their own mobile devices for these activities.
We offer the following to organisations:
(i) A one-hour presentation conducted by NLB trainers or NLB-trained trainers (for example, from our partner organisations) at the National Library or the requesting organisation’s registered business address.
(ii) Short segments added to an organisation’s existing programmes, activities or events. The amount of time allocated to our courseware may vary between 10 to 45 minutes, and may be delivered by NLB, or a facilitator trained by NLB to use our modular courseware.
Interested organisations can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: SURE Talk) for more information. We also offer Mandarin versions of these talks.
Mervin is a versatile, engaging trainer and facilitator with over four years of training experience. He has conducted numerous talks and workshops on information literacy, fighting fake news and library resources for diverse audiences.
Damien is a librarian with more than 20 years of experience in content creation and training. A member of the S.U.R.E. team since its inception in 2012, he has delivered talks and conducted workshops about fake news and hoax websites, as well as tools and techniques to deal with them.
分享的内容 (1 小时, 以华语讲解):
分享会是免费的，欢迎有兴趣的团体或机构以电邮方式联络国家图书馆以便了解更多详情。 (电邮: email@example.com)
**S.U.R.E. FOR WORK – LEARNING JOURNEY & WORKSHOP**
Duration: 2 Hour (inclusive of a library tour)
Venue: National Library Building at 100 Victoria Street, Singapore 188064
Class Size: Minimum 20 pax
The National Library promotes Information Literacy skills amongst Singaporeans, through the S.U.R.E. 2.0 campaign, namely:-
- Source – Look at its origins. Is it trustworthy?
- Understand – Know what you are reading. Search for clarity.
- Research – Dig deeper. Go beyond the initial source.
- Evaluate – Find the balance. Exercise fair judgement.
This is a FREE programme that will enable you and your colleagues to find and evaluate credible resources as well as prepare simple research reports. Participants will learn to use various techniques to search for trusted and reliable sources of information, and to be more discerning in the information they use.
You are encouraged to bring your own mobile devices to try out the various electronic resources.
If you are interested to find out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Adopt the S.U.R.E. framework for work
- Evaluate information using the AACCO framework
- Identifying credible sources of information
- Developing search strategies
- Understanding Boolean search operators
- Conducting research using selected NLB electronic resources
- Understanding types of databases
- Evaluating information